Saturday, January 25, 2020

Reminder: don't forget how far you have come

I woke up this morning and weighed in for the first time in 2 weeks. My goal was to drop 5lbs but I only managed to drop 3. I am ovulating so perhaps that played a role but I was super discouraged by it. I got so annoyed that I went for a long walk to clear my head.

During this walk I thought a lot about my weight loss journey and something clicked. This time 14 months ago I was 250lbs... if I told my past self I would weigh 167lbs on 25/01/2020 I would have been ECSTATIC. If you are anything like me then you are goal orientated and very much always focusing on the future and hitting that next target. But sometimes it is important to think back to the past and see the improvements you have made.

I was completely sedentary when I first started my journey, I couldn't walk for more than 15 minutes without needing a break. I was only 25! My walk this morning was over 2 hours and I didn't stop once.. I can even jog a little now too. I am no longer considered morbidly obese, I am overweight.

I still have 37lbs to lose BUT go me and go you!!

submitted by /u/nis567
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TXuxlC

No comments:

Post a Comment