Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Can't Handle Compliments

Y'all has anyone experienced awkwardness or shyness or even anxiety over being complimented for your weight loss?! I hope I can articulate this for you all. I've been around 250# for a long time and when an amusement park experience changed me I stated losing weight. But it was slow. Last summer I really needed to keep it consistent and kick it up a notch and I lost about 40# on top of what I had lost over the years since then and it's changed how I look, obviously. Well lately many friends and coworkers have seen me in the hallways and will make comments in a very positive way. One girl was like "you're going to be a skinny legend." I feel so grateful and happy and even proud of myself for doing it. But if I am happy, how can I not just thank the person for their compliment and move on?? I feel like an ass even thinking this but it truly gives me anxiety and IDK what to say in these situations! Anyone else????

submitted by /u/brakesformemes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38NfEq9

No comments:

Post a Comment