Tuesday, January 28, 2020

sudden extreme hunger - why and how to manage it?

I am a year into my fitness/weight loss journey. I have lost a lot of weight and have some more to go.

I maintained over Nov/Dec which I consider a victory but started back on January 1st. I have been eating between 1200 -1400 calories and cycling for 60-90 minutes every day. I haven't had a rest day or went above 1400 yet.

I have felt fine the entire time, perhaps a little tired at times if I go extra hard at the cycling. My hunger levels were a little elevated in the beginning as expected but they 'normalised' after a week or so. Now weeks later, I am suddenly RAVENOUS. I feel like there is a bottomless pit in my stomach. I even upped my calories to 1600 for 3 days and upped my protein intake but there has been no difference.

Nothing has changed, I am not exercising any less or more, macros are similar, water intake hasn't changed, i'm not due my period plus I normally just crave at that time but this feels different to a craving, it feels like intense hunger as if I haven't ate in days.

Perhaps unrelated but have lost 6lbs this month but I oddly feel more squishy? I was touching my arms and it feels like there are peas/small marbles under my skin. I feel a little bloated too and my feet are slightly swollen.

Any input would be appreciated, I really don't want to eat above maintenance plus I think if I start eating more, I won't stop!

Edit: I have had more extreme deficits in the past and I never felt hunger like this. I lost 40lbs in 3 months last year but never got this. Also, my BMI classifies me as 'overweight' so I am not thin (may be relevant!)

submitted by /u/throwinst
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RUYwrL

No comments:

Post a Comment