Sunday, January 26, 2020

Can someone please explain this math to me?

So I'm on a long slow weight loss journey. For the moment I'm just working on tracking everything I eat and putting it into MFP, with a goal of 1lb per week lost. Anyway, I have my daily calorie goal set to 2500. I also have a fitbit which sends adjustments to MFP depending on my activity level. Yeah yeah, I know it's not super accurate. That's not what this question is about.

I just checked MFP from yesterday. It shows my static calories of 2500 + adjustment of 823 calories based on exercise. Basically, this means MFP thinks I burned 2500+823+500 = 3823 calories yesterday, based on 1lb per week weight loss goal. But then I check my Fitbit app and I shows I only burned 3472 calories yesterday. So, what the hell is going on here? Where is MFP getting this adjustment number from? It doesn't make any sense, from a math perspective.

submitted by /u/subversive99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RtVtYL

No comments:

Post a Comment