Tuesday, January 28, 2020

I have reluctance to discuss weight loss goals with others... anyone else struggle with this?

When I go into phases of working to lose weight, I feel like I really don't want to discuss it with friends or coworkers. Some of this may be because of a fear that I won't achieve my goal, but I think, for me, it is less of that and more of something else.

I think for me, when I am losing weight, I really don't want people to give me their advice and opinions of what I should and shouldn't do. I know HOW to lose weight. I know what I should and shouldn't be eating. I don't need someone second guessing me or my ability or judgement (I mean, sure, if my judgement was great to begin with I wouldn't be overweight sometimes - but also, they aren't exactly #fitnessgoals themselves). More over, when I reach a milestone or goal, I don't want them to take the credit for my success.

I know that mindset is probably a bit petty, but I just really resent the idea of people questioning my ability to do what is best for me. I know it probably robs me of some level of accountability. It also probably means that I am clinically insecure, but that doesn't negate that I feel like this.

I wonder if that resonates with anyone else.

submitted by /u/usernamehudden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38NAc1X

No comments:

Post a Comment