Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Alright y’all, never thought I’d be the one posting one of these...

I lost 90lbs. and met my goal weight!

Quick background: I’m a 5’6” 22F who started at 240lbs and is currently down to my “ultimate” goal weight, 150 lbs. I never really talk about my weight loss journey to others, but I figured it’s a good outlet for me to get everything out. And also, I’m just really proud of myself! I got tired of my shit of not doing anything about my weight even though it brought me extreme unhappiness. I never in a million years would think I'd be the one posting progress photos, but damn, does it feel good.

I started getting serious about losing weight in October 2018 with a starting weight of 240 lbs. Between October and December, I mainly focused on my eating habits and eating at a calorie deficit. Eating was my biggest problem so I really wanted to focus on my diet. At first, I only focussed on eating less, then slowly trying to substitute healthier foods. Now, I definitely do not eat perfect but I eat a lot of healthier foods, and junk food is no longer my default!

Just working on my diet alone, I went from 240 lbs. to around 215 lbs. In January of 2019 was when I got my first ever gym membership! This was the first time I was going to a gym by myself and honestly, this was the first time I was taking my fitness and health seriously. I was (and still kinda am) a total beginner when it comes to fitness. For about 2 to 3 months, I went 3 times a week doing only cardio. I went down to 190 lbs during this time.

In May I started the program Strong Curves (shoutout to r/strongcurves 💚). This program is focussed primarily on weight liting, and I started to notice new things about my body that I hadn't seen before! My mindset of losing weight on the scale had slowly started to switch to how I’m looking and feeling. I'm still continuing on the program and it's been going great. I’ve made great progress not only on how I look, but on my strength and my mindset. I won't get into too much detail since I can always make a separate post over at the sub if wanted.

I had surgery in November to remove my gallbladder, so working out was on hold for 2 months (peep the surgery scars in Jan.). I just got back into the gym and I’m down to my goal weight of 150 lbs in just little over a year since I started! I still have fat I think I want to get rid of, but I also love the strength and muscle I’ve been gaining. The weight and fat don’t serve as a motivator as much anymore, but the progress of my body does. Which is something I never thought I’d say.

I'm extremely proud of the progress I’ve made and excited to keep going. I get to wear clothes I’ve always wanted to wear, I don't worry about being too heavy for things, and my health and fitness are at it’s best in my life. I weigh less than I did in high school! People even double-check my ID to see if it's the same person.

But really, I still have my days where I fall back into old habits. Sometimes I still really worry about what the scale says and sometimes I feel like I don't look different at all. There are days where I absolutely don't want to go to the gym and I don’t. Sometimes I beat myself up for messing up or giving in to cravings and I get scared that I’m going to somehow gain all my weight back. But what I always remember is that change takes time and I'm goddamn human! A lifestyle change takes so much dedication and time, but it’s SO worth it. This is the hardest thing I continue to learn, but the only thing that really keeps me going.

Seriously y'all, be nice to yourself. I’ve spent too much time putting myself down and have only learned it makes it harder for yourself. Why would you want that? Everyone makes their own progress and does it in a different way. It all takes time and dedication. Do so on your own terms and be nice to yourself along the way. Know that you're human and you're out there doing your own thing and your best, and that’s completely fine!

Thanks to this sub for serving as a motivator in times where I had none. I’m extremely proud and happy of everyone else here :)

Also, sorry if these aren’t very good progress photos. I wish I would have taken more/better pictures but I didn’t think I’d get this far so it was never a huge concern lol oops

submitted by /u/Ladybirdmang
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RyIXXJ

No comments:

Post a Comment