Sunday, January 26, 2020

Weight loss as a couple (25F/25M), and efficiency versus "What I'll actually do"

My (25F) boyfriend (25M) and I are in the middle of a relationship conflict over the strategies I'm using to lose weight.

He's very knowledgeable about fitness and weight loss, and I'm very much a fitness newb. I'm 170lbs/5'8".

So here's the issue, I hate lifting weights. I've been going a few times a week with him for a couple of weeks, doing a fitness plan he plans out for me, and I count every minute, waiting for the minute we can go home. And when I told him I didn't want to do that anymore, and that I want to stick to what I like doing, he said I was uninformed on fitness and I'm essentially wasting my time, and that I'll just plateau (which admittedly is a problem I've been having lately as well).

However I've already lost 20lbs by running on the treadmill and counting calories.

I feel like I can run/jog forever. And I fiercely enjoy racket sports, something I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get him into as well. But that's not lifting weights, so it's wrong.

Does anyone here have any success stories on a strategy like mine that I can share with him to prove that lifting weights isn't the only way to be fit? Or is he right, and I'm essentially wasting my time?

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/Drunken-Peanut
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O0mX65

No comments:

Post a Comment