Thursday, January 30, 2020

After some reflection, I realize I need to track calories. But how do I live/eat after reaching my goal?

In my first post to this subreddit a month ago, I wrote about how I was motivated to lose weight, but I didn’t want to track my calories. I just wanted to follow my nutritionist’s guidelines, exercise, and see where that went. However, after 1.5 years or so of maintaining my weight after a ~35 lb loss, I am at a point where I really want to shed some pounds. I want to do this. Yet I did not want to painstakingly count every calorie I ate or burned--not because I didn’t want to do the hard work, but because I figured, “Well, I’ve lost weight without doing that; it can work again.” And I thought, “Plus, I don’t want to track calories for the rest of my life!”

I think I still need to work that last issue out. How will I live and eat after I lose more weight? What are your experiences? I was able to maintain my weight loss for a long time, but I didn’t count calories then and I sure don’t want to do that forever. ☹ How is that living.

I want to be conscious of what and how much I eat, but not track that for the long-term. I recently downloaded the Lose It! app to count my calories, and it’s been okay so far as I also continue to go by my nutritionist's guidelines.

What do you think? Is counting calories simply a reality I need to accept? Can I be free of that one day?

Thank you.

P.S. I'm trying to lose at least 15 more pounds.

submitted by /u/meow_eye
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OdfGzO

No comments:

Post a Comment