Friday, January 31, 2020

Progress! Not necessarily weight, but tangible.

So, I have type 1 diabetes. Diagnosed at 10. And like a lot of fat people, I have insulin resistance. Since I started this weight loss, exercise and "fix my relationship with food" journey, I've noticed something I never even considered - it looks like my insulin sensitivity is improving.

I'm really strict about weighing out what I eat so I know how much to dose for it (And at the moment I'm on meal replacement bars while some scarring in my stomach from chronic gastritis heals, so my intake is consistent and easy to dose for) and my blood sugar readings are regularly hitting a little below target. Not enough to be dangerous, but enough that when I see my endocrinologist this month, I think we'll be able to adjust my insulin-to-carb ratio we I'm using less insulin, and that's fantastic.

submitted by /u/rebootfromstart
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31meWOo

No comments:

Post a Comment