Friday, January 31, 2020

One month goal reached- couldn’t have done it without you all!

As of my weigh in this morning, I reached my goal for the month of losing approx. 2lb/week this month! I lost 8.3lbs doing CICO so far, started Jan. 2. I still have about 20lbs more to go before my goal (5’6”F, GW:135), but I’m celebrating this victory because this is the first time I’ve managed to stick with an attempt for a whole month.

Here’s what’s working:

-I initially was eating back calories my Apple Watch said I was burning, and was not losing the weight I expected to at 1200kcal. You all advised me to not do that, I course corrected, and that sped things up.

-I’ve been going to the gym 4x week for approx. 45 minutes, two days of intervals and 2 days of resistance training each week. Also walking my dog more. The cold had been deterring me from going outside much so I bought a better winter coat. (Also got one for my dog to keep him warm on longer walks). But like I said, not eating calories back.

-I significantly reduced my alcohol consumption and found other ways to relax after work like a hot bath with bath bombs/candles and also drinking lots of sparkling water.

-I guess I’m a volume eater, so I’ve been filling up on lots of fun and interesting salads for lunch and saving most calories for evening so I go to bed satisfied.

-I’ve been doing lazy IF (no breakfast, but I am having coffee with a stevia and a splash of oat milk in the morning which I know is technically against the rules but whatever).

-I’ve been vegan for ethical reasons for several years, and have had a pretty plant-forward diet, but I realize now I was spending a lot of calories on pasta and oil. So I’ve significantly reduced my pasta/ bread and oil intake.

-I’ve made my house a cracker & chip-free zone. I am a mindless snacker. Now if I have the urge snack, I have cucumber slices (still crunchy, but let’s be real I love crackers more) with eggplant hummus. Some days I budget my calories to have a Skinny Girl lime & salt mini popcorn bag (160kcal) to satisfy my mindless snacking urges.

-In the past, I’ve tried for a week here and there to lose weight but always forget/don’t prioritize, and then get discouraged and stop tracking. So I’ve been doing things to keep this effort top of mind like reading through this subreddit a couple times each day and listening to podcasts on the topic of health and weight loss on my way to/from work.

No one has noticed at this stage, but my clothes fit looser on me and I feel good. Anyway, hope that’s helpful to someone. I know I have quite a way to go but reading posts like this has kept me inspired throughout the month so I wanted to return the favor.

submitted by /u/Howtosaygoodbye1990
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aZMsOO

No comments:

Post a Comment