Saturday, January 25, 2020

Need some help getting started!

Hello everyone, I want to start my weight loss journey, but I'm so lost as to where I should begin.

A little background info about me:

  • I'm an 18 year old girl, I'm 5'8" and 185lbs.
  • I'm in my first year of college and I live on-campus, which means I can't really cook any meals for myself. I have access to lots of fruits and veggies though.
  • I'm not a huge fan of meat, but I enjoy ground beef/ham.
  • I walk about 3 miles a day, but I don't exercise outside of that.

I have a goal of losing 35 pounds.

My breakfast is usually a peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread which keeps me full for 3 hours. Then I will usually eat a granola bar (not the healthy kind though, the peanut butter dipped ones). For lunch I'll have a fruit bowl with vanilla yogurt (probably about a cup of fruit like melon, pineapple, strawberries and grapes and a half cup of yogurt), or a ham and swiss sandwich on a rosemary bun with mayo, lettuce, and tomato. Then for dinner I have whatever greasy food the cafeteria is serving for the night, typically a pasta dish with a side of potatoes or carbs (like rice, bread, etc.). My issue is that I snack A LOT. I get hungry between meals which definitely means I'm not eating the best foods. My snacks consist of crackers or croutons usually, specifically goldfish and triscuits.

Any suggestions of healthy foods I could eat that will keep me full for longer?

Also, what is the best way to get exercise? Should I run, or should I do some bodyweight exercises like pushups, situps, squats? Maybe a blend? Exercise is a real grey area for me, I've never really done much of it outside of some sports in high school.

tldr;

I'm trying to lose 35lbs, what are some healthy foods I can eat that will keep me full, and what are the best exercises I can do?

submitted by /u/Weak-Criticism
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TYzCtR

No comments:

Post a Comment