Saturday, January 25, 2020

Almost five pounds down, forty five to go!

I posted here a week or so ago about my frustration not seeing any sort of loss after two weeks until I realized it was because I was self-sabotaging and lying to myself about my starting weight; I didn't own a scale and just assumed I was 200 lbs, the same I was at my last checkup. Granted, I was only off by about 3 or 4 pounds it seems, but I've gotten a scale since and as of today I am 4.5 pounds down from the highest weight I recorded on the scale in these past 3 weeks (from 204.3 to 199.8).

It may seem like a small amount lost and I still have quite a bit to go, but my brain really needed the recognition that what I'm doing indeed causes weight loss! For reference, I've been doing a strict CICO aiming for about 1530 calories a day, plus some kind of cardio for 15-30 minutes every day. I've also recently started incorporating some weight training. I also tried to cut down on added sugar and processed foods. I've discovered I can still eat so much of what I like, just smaller portions or healthier versions of it.

It feels so good to finally see results on the scale, even if they're small, and this reddit has been so helpful and supportive :)

submitted by /u/adamjocon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37qgnxf

No comments:

Post a Comment