Saturday, January 25, 2020

Bounce back

As of today I’m finally down to my pre-holiday weight! Last year I started my weight loss journey in May and I lost 38 pounds. My starting weight was 235 and my lowest of 2019 was 197. I got to 197 in October and stayed around the 200 mark for the rest of the year. When all was said and done with the holidays I was back up to 203.

But I wasn’t worried. See I had seen some statistic somewhere that said that on average people gain like 5-7lbs over the holidays. And over the course of last year I’d also been working a lot on my mental health and I was able to have some grace with myself. I said “so you gained six pounds, that’s perfectly understandable. It’s the holidays and you are human. You enjoyed yourself. That’s great! We can get back on the horse again and get back on track.”

And I did.

It only took two weeks.

Have you ever seen Youtuber Gabbie Hanna’s weightloss video? First of all it’s very inspiring and second of all her trainer at one point talks about getting a body that can bounce back. After the holidays. After a vacation. And this time it took my two weeks. Maybe next time it’ll take me one week.

My point is; be kind to yourself. We are creating habits that will hopefully last a lifetime. Don’t be in too much of a rush and give yourself the grace to mess up from time to time.

Don’t freak out. You can and you will bounce back.

submitted by /u/CatLadyNumbaFive
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38HDx2D

No comments:

Post a Comment