Friday, January 24, 2020

The Journey Begins

Hi r/loseit!

English is my second language, and I apologize for any weird formulations or spelling.

I can't remember a time when I wasn't overweight, and it was one of the many things that I were bullied for as a child and teenager. My family isn't overweight, but as the youngest sibling, I guess my single mother had too much when I came around. She almost never cooked (she always said she hated it), and I were pretty much raised on fastfood and TV-dinners. I, like my mom, hated cooking before (monkey see, monkey do?). It wasn't until I met my SO that I discovered the joy about cooking. He has opened my eyes in so many ways, and I could never thank him enough.

As a child, I never learned how to handle my emotions in a healthy way. If I were sad, for whatever reason, my mom would give me something good to eat. Unhealthy food of course. I have always handled my emotions by eating, but now I am handling them in more healthy ways.

I've tried to lose weight so many times before, but something about this time is different. I feel motivated in a kind of way that I've never experienced before. I use a low carb diet as a tool to eat less calories, and I feel so energized and happy. I am also lucky to have an amazing SO and incredibly supportive friends on my "weight loss team".

I only recently discovered this subreddit, and you are such an inspiration and motivator! I doubt I will post so much myself, but I just wanted to say hi to all of you.

I truly believe I will make it this time.

submitted by /u/ImagineSpace
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RlOXTN

No comments:

Post a Comment