Saturday, January 25, 2020

Why is there no clear answer on whether or not it’s ok to eat below bmr?

I’m F 30’s, 5”2 currently weighing approx 152 lbs. A calculator says my TDEE at sedentary (I exercise lightly sometimes but add those calories in on those days) is 1635 and my BMR is 1363.

I’m not clear on whether or not it’s ok for me to eat at 1200 calories a day. That would put me at less than 1 pound weight loss per week which is said to be a safe amount to lose. I’m already not able to do a full 500 calorie deficit because 1200 is the lowest recommended intake for females. But I’ve seen some people, not all, say I shouldn’t be eating below my BMR. So if I eat at ~1400 calories a day I’ll be at less than 250 cal per day deficit, losing just under half a pound a week which seems so slow! But I want to be safe during my weight loss of course.

Some people are saying that if I eat below my bmr it will damage my organs and my body won’t function properly. Is that true? Can my body not use my fat for energy to run itself? Or do I need to give my body ~1400 calories worth of food (new energy) every day to run my organs and then it can use fat to move me around all day when I’m not sleeping?

Why is there no clear cut answer telling people they need to eat at least enough calories for their bmr, OR that BMR doesn’t matter? What is the answer lol!

submitted by /u/Hellosl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NWw3AG

No comments:

Post a Comment