Thursday, October 14, 2021

Pushing through. [tip]

33F, CW: 218 Current GW - 199

I've been chubby my whole life, but have never experienced any serious health issues from it yet. My Dad overate himself into an early grave though, I learned some bad habits from him, and I feel as though I finally have my life in order enough to a point where I'm ready for sustainable weight loss, and hopefully a bit of muscle building. I'm still trying to work through using food as a coping mechanism. I think I'm getting there.

I started college around 215 and have hovered around 220-225 the last few years. Enough is enough. The first summer of the pandemic I started using Noom and it was very successful for me, I was able to make it down to 198 within a few months and wanted to go further, but got a bit demoralized when I went back above 200 in a natural fluctuation. One day last December I pushed way too hard, hurt myself, had to rest for 'a few days', let the pandemic blues get to me, and gradually bounced right back up to 220. So I'm calling this attempt #2.

I had a fabulous walk/run today. I'm lucky enough to live near a huge, gorgeous park and a huge, gorgeous beach. Now, there's been some local divisiveness over a road that borders the beach. It was closed to cars in the beginning of the pandemic, and I credit that ability to go for good long walks/runs in a beautiful location on a friendly, safe surface with my previous weight loss success. Not too long ago, the city allowed cars use of the space again, and left it to pedestrians only on weekends now. That's been a bit of a demoralizer, because I really enjoyed the previous times I was able to go for long walks on this road, and it's difficult to plan around the weekends. Because of some beach-related issues that occur on this road semi-frequently, it was closed to cars, and I was able to go for a run on it today.

So I was thinking about my method for pushing through when I'm exhausted, thirsty, hot and sweaty at the end of a workout, but still have a bit further to get home. I know that if I were to sit down on the curb, it would be some minutes before I could get up again. I ask myself if I can go one more block before pausing. If one block is too far to think about, I stick to physical, visible landmarks. Can I make it to that next tree? That next street light, that next crack in the sidewalk? It usually turns out I can. Most of the time, I can even go past it. And then the next, small, visible, landmark after that. Before I know it, I've conquered one more block, and I'm a bit closer to home. What do you do to push just a bit further?

submitted by /u/Spirited_Island-75
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YTvH64

No comments:

Post a Comment