Thursday, January 9, 2020

Couch Potato to Marathon in 1-Year - is it possible?

Here it goes, I am a 44 year old male and started making changes in my life in October. I started with only dieting and lost a bit of weight, then I started walking, which has led to power walking, and now to light jogging. I have gone from 410 lbs to 360 lbs in this timeframe. Before anyone thinks that I am still too vastly overweight to do this, I am 6’7” with a lineman’s build and was a division 1 heavyweight wrestler, and competed at 250-270 lbs in college, so my ideal weight would be somewhere in that neighborhood.

I feel great during my workouts, my weight loss has slowed a bit over the last couple of weeks as I am really pushing my body and rebuilding some of my lost muscles, but feel this will be a short term delay. I plan to be in the 310-330 lb range by April/May timeframe. Currently I feel on top of the world!

I was thinking about doing a marathon before the end of the year, there is a pretty big marathon in my city in October, and it’s known to be first marathon friendly. Do I have a chance in hell of success?

submitted by /u/jpeterson1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Fv9TRA

No comments:

Post a Comment