Saturday, January 11, 2020

I worked hard and I should be proud of myself. And so should you

I don't know if anyone has been struggling with their self confidence lately, but I have. After wanting to be invisible and hiding myself for so many years it's hard to get out there and be confident. I am work in progress you could say.

But damn it I am proud of myself and I should be. I lost 73 pounds on a 5'1" frame and have gone beyond my weight loss goal of 125 and reached 108 instead. I stopped binging and using food as a coping mechanism. I started working out and playing the sports I always wanted and because of losing the weight I am actually improving. I started putting myself out there and conquering my fears. I worked so hard these last couple years. I pushed through when things got bad, I might have stumbled a little (gained back a lot of weight and had to basically start over) but I didn't give up. And I just want to be proud of myself. I keep having doubts about all the things that are bad about me, striving for some kind of perfection that doesn't even exist. So I am writing this post for myself to tell me that I am proud of myself for doing all the things I do and that I am worthy of feeling proud.

If anybody else is struggling with their confidence I hope you know that you are incredible for even being on this sub and trying to make a healthy change in your life. Whether you are at a goal weight, just gained your weight back or just starting out, you deserve to be happy and proud of yourself.

submitted by /u/NotKeepingUp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30hNeBJ

No comments:

Post a Comment