Saturday, January 18, 2020

One last time

Hi all!

I have recently recommitted to a healthier lifestyle and wanted to share my story in hopes of finding those that have been down this path and those that can help offer support.

16 y.o.: 5’4 female, I hit a high of 285 lbs and decided to make a change. It started out with eating smaller portions and cutting out junk, adding in some exercise little by little. By the time I lost about 50 lbs, I went from compulsive overeating to barely eating 300-500 calories a day, obsessively counting everything I consumed, or just not eating for days on end, purging, weight loss drugs... you name it, I probably tried it. Hit 170 lbs by the age of 18.

23 y.o.: After a few years of continued destructive behaviors, I tried to adapt a healthier relationship with myself and with food. I started dating my now husband when I was 20 and went from 170 lbs to 280 lbs in the span of about 2 1/2 years. Got back on the health train and lost the weight in a healthy way (1200-1400 cals a day, more fruits and vegetables, added in P90X and yoga after about 40 lbs down, running after about 80 lbs). Got to 180 lbs at 25 y.o.

Now, 32 y.o.: Lots of health problems and stress since mid 20’s (gallbladder issues, endometriosis, celiac disease), I put back on most of the weight AGAIN. Through the last 7 years, I went back and forth with diet and exercise. I would be at 240 and get down to 210, then back up to 250 and down to 230, etc. I’ve decided ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. On 12/10 or so I picked back up MFP and got a Peloton bike (was doing spin classes for a year and loved them, figured it’d be the easiest way to get back into exercising with low impact). I was 279 lbs and as of 1/15 I’m at 269 lbs.

TL;DR I have lost and gained back the same ~100 lbs twice now and this third time I intend to take it off and maintain a weight of 160 or so (may change over time but this is what sounds right and attainable to me currently) and never look back.

Wondering if anyone else here has struggled with such a large up and down multiple times and seen success their 3rd (or more) time?

Would love to hear any insight on this, words of advise or simply well wishes on my journey. Thank you!!

submitted by /u/masanasan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tl3WnX

No comments:

Post a Comment