Thursday, January 23, 2020

Weighed myself after a bad week

I went on a trip over the long weekend where I didn't eat very well and drank a bit more than I would have liked and, having lost some discipline, continued my not-good eating and drinking habits this week. Last night I ate more than usual, including a lot of sodium that I knew would spike my water weight. I weighed myself this morning and I had gone up on the scale 4 pounds from a week ago. It's demoralizing, although I know it's probably mostly water weight, but I'm glad that I did it.

In the past, my pattern would be to avoid the scale after bad weeks or a period of time when I ate a lot of sodium or drank alcohol such that I knew my water weight would spike and I'd be demoralized. Avoiding the scale would, for some reason, cause my discipline to slip and that would be it for the weight loss effort. For me today, it took discipline to get on the scale even though I knew it wouldn't show a number I liked. I hope that this will become a new habit where I can weather bad numbers and avoid breaking my streak of weighing myself!.

submitted by /u/PrebenInAcapulco
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GdLdxc

No comments:

Post a Comment