Monday, January 13, 2020

What a 50lb loss looks like on a 5'4" person

https://imgur.com/a/5gDSROB

I have been on a mission to lose weight since mid October 2018. I used CICO with MFP and did simple home workouts. I went to the gym maybe 3-4 times total, extremely inconsistently. In April 2019, I started a new job in a busy ER and my weight loss totally came to a standstill. I'd gain 2-3 lbs here and there, and then be more mindful and bring the weight back down. I let my home workouts slip and ended up maintaining my weight loss until November 2019. Right now, I have a 70 day streak on MFP and have had a few interesting experiences lately that I thought I'd share.

I went to my best friend's wedding and her mom didn't recognize me. We've met a few times. When I reminded her that we've met, she was like, "Oh my god, wow! I don't remember you looking this tiny!" Tiny? Me? A few days later at work, I wore a size L scrub top to work. I felt kind of sick about it. My XLs are loose and comfortable and, in my mind, hide my imperfections. I felt it was too clingy and would definitely make me look chubby. I asked my husband three times before I left if I looked bad. No, he said, I looked great. So I got to work and one of the ER technicians was like, "DAMN, what did you do different? You look good!" I could feel my anxiety lower a little bit. Later that night, one of the paramedics asked my co-workers if I was single. I'm not, but hey, that's super flattering! So later that night I snapped this picture of me in my large top and compared it to my "before" photo. I didn't realize my body looked that different! I went from a XXL top to a L top. XXL bottoms to XL bottoms.

I've recently started doing a stronglift program at the gym and am starting to shift my goals away from weight loss and more towards fitness. I never thought I would get here. I'm a mom of 3 kids, my youngest is almost 2. I'm in graduate school getting my Master's degree to become an advanced practice nurse (1 year left until graduation!). I have a lot going on in life, but this is the longest I've ever kept weight off. I eat around 1500 calories a day and go to the gym 2-3 days a week now. I thought I'd post to give all the shorties like me out there some idea as to what a 50lb loss looks. Happy Monday, everyone!

submitted by /u/dunderofmifflin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NlzdOc

No comments:

Post a Comment