Friday, February 28, 2020

238 to 227 in two months eating a European diet, How in the hell is this even possible?

So I'm going to be frank here. I've tried lose weight before with some moderate success but I've always gained the weight back. I was either working out at an unsustainable pace or cutting huge amounts of calories out of my diet.

However, I have recently found success in the most unexpected of places. I have began volunteering in my community, one of my volunteer groups meets once a month and at the end of our meeting there is a dinner. As a new member of the group one of my responsibilities is to help in the kitchen.

Now, this group, they have very sophisticated taste. It worked in a restaurant during college so I'm not useless in a kitchen, but it was clear that I was not up to par here; So I've been practicing at home to improve my cooking skills..... and consequently eating what I've been cooking.

I've been getting compliments and to my astonishment I've I noticed that I had nearly dropped 10 pounds when I stepped on the scale. The only issue is that my weight loss makes no sense.

My diet for the past two months has basically been curry, pasta, rice, and bread, with some roasted or grilled meat on the side. I'm making sauces or soups from scratch to go with it, so everything I'm making ends up being slathered in butter, wine reduction, or both. the soups and curry typically start form a roux so their all fat based.

I'm also drinking a ton, this group loves wine and I've had to learn how to pair wine with meals. I've gone from maybe a rum and coke or beer every other week to wine every other day.

I'm certainly happy, it all taste great, but I'm concerned about the weight loss. I frankly don't understand how this diet could lead to the results that I'm seeing? What are your thoughts reddit?

submitted by /u/Shyguy102
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uEbCC9

No comments:

Post a Comment