Monday, February 24, 2020

Tips on how to handle first 'cheat day' of 2020?

Hi all,

I lost 70lbs last year, I reached this milestone by October but I then maintained until the new year as I became inconsistent. I think I needed a break, I worked so hard and I needed to relax things for a little while. I maintained so I personally see it as a victory!

I got back into the swing of things on January 1st. Things have been going well, after maintaining for 3 months I got all my motivation back and I was ready to drop the last 40lbs. From the new year I have lost 17lbs! I have 23 to go until I reach my GW. This may seem like a lot to some people but because I started with 110lbs to lose... 23 feels so close!!!!

Whenever I started on January 1st, I planned that February 28th would be my first proper cheat day; no counting calories and I can eat what I want. The reason I choose this date is because I have friends visiting and we are planning on ordering pizza, getting ice-cream, crisps etc. Throughout the past 7 weeks I have been dreaming of this day!!! I have been super strict, I only had one day so far this year where I didn't eat in a deficit, this day I ate 1,700 (my maintenance calories if I am sedentary) but done 2 hours of cardio so I still lost weight.

However, as the day is approaching, the more nervous I am becoming! I am nervous about eating. Not because I feel like I will go off track after, I got the self-control down now. I can't explain it?? I am really uneasy about the idea of eating over my maintenance and not being able to track calories (the place we are ordering from doesn't tell you about calories). I want to enjoy it as this is something I want to be able to do once a month when I decide to maintain my weight.

I tend to get bursts of motivation when it comes to my weight loss. Luckily when I lack motivation I am able to maintain. Though during these bursts I am riddled with guilt if I eat even 100 calories over my goal... which is still a deficit. Any tips on how to get past this mentality??

submitted by /u/NearbyThought6
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SSlZM6

No comments:

Post a Comment