Saturday, February 29, 2020

My body is suffering after my most recent cheat day... I don't know how I did it so regularly before!

I have been on my weight loss journey for 16 months. I have dropped 90lbs and I have 20 to go. I was morbidly obese when I started so as you can imagine my diet was horrendous.

When the new year started I made a deal with myself that I would not have a cheat day until Feb 27th. This is the norm for me, I tend to have one day every 6-10 weeks which consists of me overeating. I still count the calories on these days but my rule is this, I have to be able to work it back to maintenance within 2 days after. So, for example if I eat a 2000 calorie surplus, then I need to have a deficit of 2000 within the next 2 days.

Anyway, I worked hard as hell from Jan 1st to Feb 27th (15lb loss). I lowered my calories to 1200 a couple of weeks ago. I think this is a bit too low for me as I began to feel pretty tired/drained. By the time it got to the 27th, I was SO ready.

I ended up eating 3700 calories. This is something I previously would have done on a DAILY basis. I loved every moment of it lol. I had a tub of ben and jerries, a HUGE homemade curry, prawn crackers, massive bag of crisps that had 800 calories alone. It was amazing... until that night.

I couldn't sleep! Normally I am out cold by 11pm, I was still awake at 3am. Once I finally got to sleep, I woke up just 5 hours later. Totally out of the norm for me, I sleep 9-11 hours on weekends. As soon as I woke up my head was busting, my stomach hurt and I was gassy as hell. Also, I was STARVING... weird

I had a 2000 calorie surplus so I wanted to workout ASAP. Had breakfast, drank loads of water and began to do some cardio. After 60 minutes, I was shaking. I literally just ate 2 hours prior, I can normally go wayyyyyyy longer. I had to eat something small again. Finally was able to get 2 hours on the rowing machine done but it was a struggle!

I felt so drowsy for the rest of the day. I ate my usual 1200 calories but was ravenous!! I stayed strong though and went to bed. Woke up the next day and it was a similar situation... less drowsy but I am so hungry!!! How the hell did I do this before? my body hates me right now!!!

I will probably do it again in 8 weeks or so after I forget about this horrible aftermath but wow, sometimes it ain't worth it! I wish I wasn't such an all or nothing person. It doesn't impact my weight loss at all as I always get back on track the day next but the physical affects are baddddd.

submitted by /u/_Jesus_is_a_biscuit_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cl6C6w

No comments:

Post a Comment