Friday, February 28, 2020

What do you think caused you to gain the weight? Lack of Education, understanding or desire?

Hi all,

I've been maintaining my weight loss for a year and half/two years and I'm starting to hear more about how people perceive weight loss so it's causing me to wonder what leads people to gain weight in the first place.

I was never taught about calories or the amount of fuel my body needs for a day. I genuinely thought that if I ate vegetables and fruit and exercised occasionally I wouldn't be fat. As a overweight adult I did some research and learned about calories and how to estimate how many my body needs in a day but I still didn't quite understand how exercise didn't play as large a role as I presumed. It was only after purchasing a heart rate monitor and doing MORE research that I realized exercise wasn't doing as much as i thought.

Then I went through a phase where I was struggling with depression and I just didn't care what I weighed so I sat around ate all of the foods and gained a ton of weight.

I want to make sure we don't have another generation of people coming up in the world overweight or obese when it's avoidable through education and understanding.

TL;DR: I never learned how weight gain/loss worked as a child so I got fat. What factors led to your weight gain?

submitted by /u/HarveyCohen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3afFc08

No comments:

Post a Comment