Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Ready to start my journey, looking for advice

I'm 41 and ready to work hard at making my body a better place to be!

I'm 5'9" and 435lbs. I used to weight 220lbs and went on several psychiatric drugs that caused my weight to shift dramatically in a year and a half. I gained about 150lbs while maintaining a "normal" diet and towards the end, even restricting and fasting. My Dr pulled me off of the drug and I plateaued, but damage is damage and regardless of using programs like Weight Watchers, I am still struggling every day with my weight.

I have come to a calmer, kinder understanding of myself as a person, but that's not going to keep me from doing what's best for my body.

I broke my ankle in 2003 and assumed it was a sprain. This has led to degenerative arthritis in that joint, which limits my movement as far as walking/running goes. However, I have a pool and swim from March to around October if the weather stays warm. I am looking for other exercises that are joint/arthritis friendly that I can do at home. I'm excited to get more movement in each day as I was recently diagnosed to Rheumatoid Arthritis and they say "motion is lotion!"

As for diets, are there any diets that restrict sugar (including processed) and other inflammatory foods?

I'm asking a lot I know, but I'm in a very under motivated family and I am taking the reigns to my own life FINALLY!

tl;dr: starting weight loss journey with arthritis and big booty. Looking to minimize both.

submitted by /u/Simple-Tumbleweed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32tQb3g

No comments:

Post a Comment