Friday, February 28, 2020

SV: 1/4 of the way to my weight loss goal!

25 F 5’8” SW: 263 CW: 236 GW: 163

I was just feeling pretty down because I’ve hit a plateau and haven’t lost any weight in a few weeks, but then I realized I’ve passed the 25 pound mark!That’s a quarter of the way to my goal of losing 100 pounds. I’m still upset that I ever let things get this far, but I’m feeling happy that I’m finally on the right track.

For me this means eating favorite not-so-healthy foods in moderation (and not shaming myself for enjoying them) and eating lots of lean protein and vegetables the rest of the time. It means I now eat a protein-packed breakfast (like 2 scrambled eggs or steel cut oats with peanut butter) and feel more energized in the morning than I’ve ever been. It means I snack on things like a hard-boiled egg, cottage cheese with pepper, hummus with some pretzel chips, or a mandarin. It means I generally balance my plate with protein/complex carbs/vegetables or at least try to balance my day that way. It means I don’t restrict myself from eating foods high in fat like butter, salmon, or avocado, I just eat them in moderation. I don’t know why it took me so long to really get that through my head, but I have finally had some success (while not being miserable) by balancing my meals/days. What I mean by that is that if I ate a lunch high in fat, I try to eat a dinner lower in fat that day. Or if I spent a whole day eating foods high in carbs, I’ll spend the next day limiting my carbs a little more. It’s a give and take that I keep track of in my head. I have a long way to go, but I feel like I finally understand what works for my body.

submitted by /u/cuhlara
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32BG5gB

No comments:

Post a Comment