Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Working out and eating clean, not losing weight. Any advice?

Good afternoon!

I started this journey nearly 45 days ago. The goal was to workout 4 times per week lifting and do cardio 3-4 per week.

Initially I started at 2600 calories per day. I did this for two weeks and I gained 1.2lbs. I decreased this to 2000 calories per day and for the last four weeks I've stayed anywhere from 1800-2200 calories with occasional days at 1200 when I'm not hungry at all. I've never missed a lift and I push myself hard, my body composition is changing for the better and I've put on a lot of muscle.

When I dropped my calories I lost about 5lbs over the course of 3 weeks. Still, I was 231lbs, eating 2000 calories per day and working out as hard/frequent as I do, I should be losing weight at a pretty rapid pace, right? To make things even more confusing, I started putting on weight in the last week. I am now 234lbs, I have made zero changes to diet and working out except I'm pushing myself a lot harder on cardio..

Why is this happening? One thing I've noticed is that I'm rarely hungry. I figured that when you diet you should probably be hungry, but I'm not. This confuses me because I track everything I eat and I'm certain I'm at 2000 calories per day. At my weight and workout frequency 2000 calories per day should be pretty huge deficit. You'd think I'd lose at least 2lbs a week at this.

Could my metabolism be completely fucked? What is the reason for my body being so resistant to weight loss?

submitted by /u/SaintMarinus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37WQ8hu

No comments:

Post a Comment