Monday, February 24, 2020

Sick of Being Sick - New to the Sub

Hi.

Guy, 25. 6'2". Starting weight: unknown. Current weight: unknown. Goal weight: 180 lbs.

Ever since I was seven years old, I've been gaining weight at a steady pace, mostly due to emotional eating, which I'm sure is a predicament all too familiar to many a people on this subreddit. After so many years of failed attempts and continuous, nigh-uninterrupted weight gain, I'm now on my last legs. At the end of my rope. At my wits' end. Whatever.

Basically, I need help.

I'm looking for a community to keep me accountable and responsible for my ongoing weight loss. I have no idea what my starting weight was, but I've been doing intermittent fasting for a month now.

The thing is though, I have no idea whether I've made any progress or not. I have a few reasons to believe I haven't. Let me explain.

I don't have a scale at home and no way to measure my weight, which is discouraging to me, because I'm on a beta-blocker (Bisoprolol) for blood pressure. Beta-blockers are class of drugs known to cause weight gain and slow down metabolism, making exercise ineffective and weight loss very difficult.

Easily the worst aspect of my current situation is the uncertainty regarding my weight and the inability to track my progress. I'm very depressed, but also - perhaps ironically - very motivated to finally change my life and get to my goal weight.

I'm looking at purchasing one of those heavy-duty bathroom scales for very fat people next month, or at the very latest in april.

A few extra details about my situation:

- I'm mobile; able to walk and even run short distances

- Have an elliptical at home

- Have the willpower to maintain my intermittent fasting regimen in the long run

Even so, the thought of my medication undermining my weight loss is morbidly depressing to me, and I've even had suicidal thoughts because of this.

I'm sorry if this post was all over the place. It's midnight where I'm at, I'm very tired, and I have a long day of film studies behind me. I just have no idea what to do anymore.

Help me, r/loseit. You're my only hope.

submitted by /u/Nearlander1138
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2vcITVm

No comments:

Post a Comment