Saturday, February 29, 2020

I’m finally doing it!

I don’t know where else to share this but I just knew you, as my people would get it. 2 ish years ago I broke my arm, then last year I tore a bunch of ligaments in my ankle (which was misdiagnosed and mis-treated for almost 5 months ugh). I was in a bad place with my job and finally got the courage to quit and go back into the field I love, and it recently dawned on me that I was depressed last year. I gained weight and stopped working out due to my ankle and was just generally not myself. But I didn’t know it while I was in it.

Well, my ankle injury has been healed by an amazing doctor who listened to me, and I started slowly going on walks again, and then started swimming again a few weeks ago. WELL, I finally feel like I’m coming back to myself. I took a spin class this week and I’m going again tomorrow. I have started couch to 5k and I’m meeting with a dietician Monday to go over a weight loss plan and to reverse some of the bad habits I picked up. It feels so good to feel good!

I’ve decided to sign up for a sprint triathlon in June to work towards a goal. I’ve always done spartan races, and 5ks, so I’m excited to get back to what makes me happy! Hopefully one day I’ll post by before and after :)

submitted by /u/dogsdogsjudy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/388HNaI

No comments:

Post a Comment