Sunday, February 23, 2020

From 316.4lb to 246.4lb in 4 months... my journey.

I'd like to just start this off by saying I've never been interested in losing weight and always thought it would happen overnight. How naive of me! It's important, if you think this, to break it and get stuck into what you want to push for. Upon coming to the decision, after talking to my local bus driver, I started a low calorie, carb - pretty much low everything - diet. I looked up the best and most affordable options (I'm a University student) and I found one. They set you up with a personal nutritionist and a planned-out meal schedule. This helped so much! It's the real kick you need to get started on any diet weight loss in my personal opinion. It's very, very hard to get over your cravings and to keep pushing forward at the start; but with cleaning out all other food from your house... helps.

However, the diet was becoming a bore and I wanted to live life! Ya know, going out with friends to night clubs and having fun. This diet restricted my life to the point where I had to have a low calorie chocky bar while everyone else was getting stuck into a Wetherspoons (Uk pub) dinner. Not on. So, I took a step back and cracked on with the diet on my own. I used to live off Coke Zero, this changed to only, and I mean ONLY, water. I removed all snacks and found food I enjoy but was also good for me. For example, grilled chicken breasts dressed with a salad. Awesome meal and keeps me going all / most of the day.

I need to mention that I don't do exercise. Never have... but I plan to once my battle of the fat has ended. By going on a low-calorie diet plan, you can't exert yourself to the extreme. So, with this said, I was on board from the get-go! With the need to walk around town to get to University, around 30 mins to and from lectures, along with walking to and from the train station and bus stops - This came in at around 15k steps (200+ calories) which helped with keeping meals down. I am currently eating around 400-600 calories a day when I'm at home and on my computer working. When I'm in town at Uni, I'll have around 1.2k calories, with a lot of water.

It's not been easy, and you can get silly with it if you're not careful. For example, sometimes I eat too little. During the end of October, I hadn't eaten for 3 days straight - This was bad, and I needed to fix it. I was becoming lightheaded and my family and friends were getting worried about my diet intentions. I fixed this by breaking through the mentality to "batten down the hatches and keep on top of everything" - This worked for me at the start but was doing only damage to me at the later points. What did I do? I went to the Chip Shop! (Fast food) and had fish and chips. I felt awful afterwards, however, it broke that mentality and allowed me to get on the right tracks again. It pushed me but not to the point of not eating. I now go out every week, sometimes up to 3 times, drinking and having a good time. Why? because it's important to live your life while doing something so drastic like losing weight. I need to mention I'm extremely hard-headed and once I tell myself something, I do it. It's something I've lived by all my life and only now is it helping me.

I started at 22.6st (316.4lb) at the age of 19 on 24th October 2019. I'm now almost 17.6st (246.4lb) at the age of 20 on 23rd Of February. I weighed 20st (280lb) at 16 (2016). I'm happy with the outcome so far but there’s so much I need to carry on with. My ideal weight is 13-14st so around another 3 stone I need to lose. I’m quite broad and I’m dead on 6 foot so I need to find common ground where I don’t look TOO thin for how my body is built. With 70 pounds lost (14 house bricks) (5st) I look in the mirror at a different me, and I’m only halfway through. I can’t wait for the outcome.

TL:DR If you’re going through drastic weight loss, carry on! The moment people start to mention your appearance, as petty as it sounds, you feel really good about yourself and it gives you more motivation to carry on. It’s hard but when I tell you it’s worth it, it’s worth it! Keep it up. You’re doing great! 😊

submitted by /u/smashedeagle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2vZH26a

No comments:

Post a Comment