Sunday, February 23, 2020

Sick of hearing about cheat days (vent)

I've been on the weight loss "journey" for over a year now and I'm now down to a 23.1 BMI for the first time in years. It was only a few days ago that I realised I have to accept that I'm addicted to food, and that I'll be in recovery for the rest of my life.

This past year it has been very clear to me that I can't do cheat days/meals. That results in me falling off the wagon for days if I'm lucky, but usually weeks or months. It's not for me. Yet, I keep hearing about it in real life ("you can afford to have a piece of cake, you're being too hard on yourself" etc), and what bothers me most, here on reddit, in subs that I consider safe. I see people talking about how it's actually a good thing to have a cheat day, and how it makes it more sustainable and realistic etc.

I get that it works for some people. That's good for you. But I see it being recommended as if it was this innocent thing, when it's actually really not. Would you recommend a cheat drink to an alcoholic? I know it seems like a dramatic comparison, and even unfair, but I really can't stop myself if I have certain foods. I eat in secret. I think about eating most of the day, it's disturbing how much I think about it. I've only recently realised most normal people don't think about food so much. When I hear someone say they just forgot to have lunch, I just can't wrap my head around it.

I'm still struggling with accepting how I'm going to handle this for the rest of my life, and seeing people so carelessly talk about it upsets me. Sometimes, it reads as if you have to have cheat days, we're only human and meant to enjoy life right? Well fuck it. I'm not enjoying this. I don't even enjoy eating anymore.

So my point is, you don't know who you're giving advice to. Please stop thinking that everyone can have a cheat day and go back to dieting the next day, because many of us can't. That's kind of why we're fat.

submitted by /u/Lovesfoodtoomuch567
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SRRVjH

No comments:

Post a Comment