Tuesday, February 25, 2020

I started my weight loss journey one year ago today at 16 years old. 365 days later I’VE LOST 60 LBS! Not a single cheat day during those 365 days. I’m finally happy with myself.

Hey r/lostit, I’m Mark! I’ve come here a couple times to talk about my weight loss but this day feels a lot more special. Today is my one year anniversary of starting my weight loss journey, it’s been a very long and very quick 365 days if that makes sense. My day one started with cutting out all fast food, chocolate, soda, ice cream, cake, candy, donuts, chips, burgers and white bread. And I’m so proud to say over every day in this one year I haven’t cheated it once.

Through the course of my 17 years a very large portion of it has been with me unhappy, uncomfortable in my skin and overweight. I’ve struggled with my weight since I was 9 years old, it’s crazy now to think about that, I was way too young to have the thoughts I did about myself. I had zero confidence, none of my friends or siblings were overweight. I felt like the pink elephant in the room for so so long. Trying on countless outfits and looking in the mirror to make sure my clothes fit like I wanted them to, so many moments by myself were I’d break down. Fortunately I finally came to my breaking point a year ago, the day after a baseball practice where I once again felt out of shape, out of place and somewhat worthless. I truthfully don’t know what made me commit to this, my weight was at it’s highest at 247 but it wasn’t any different from when I was 9, 12 or 14. It was the same uncomfortableness that I had felt all that time. In my eyes it’s a blessing from the man upstairs, my weight was unquestionably impacting my health and I wasn’t doing anything to change it even though I so desperately wanted to.

I’m honestly just so glad I did this. I can buy and wear clothes comfortably now, my friends and family have given me such incredible compliments without me even telling them what I’ve done, they can just see the difference. I finally have what I’ve wanted for so long, a normal and in shape body. It took me a while but I got it. The work isn’t done and I can’t wait to continue working on my body and diet, I will say however I’m looking forward to cheating my diet for the first time in a year. It’s been a LONG 365 days in the nutrition part of this, just wishing I could eat what I want but knowing the payout would be worth it, and now that I’m here, it was SO worth it.

Lastly I want to say thank you to this subreddit, I’ve posted a couple times and truthfully your comments have meant the world to me. You all have been a big part of this being the absolute best 365 days of my life. At this point my family knows I’ve lost a lot of weight but I just haven’t been able to open up and tell them the whole story, so being able to come here and talk to you all has been a great outlet for me. Thanks so much for reading, much love, Mark.

submitted by /u/Mark_NYC_NC
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SYB9iO

No comments:

Post a Comment