Saturday, February 29, 2020

Not enough calories = no visible difference?

Pre-tl;dr – can under eating in calories prevent you from seeing and feeling noticeable changes in your body?

Male. Hovering around 235lbs (both then and now)

A while back I started P90X3 (one exercise a day) – I enjoyed doing it and never had any problem with any of the exercises. At the time I had a desk job and was targeting around 2,700 calories a day (but I was probably always well under that due to stubbornness). I probably should have been doing 3,000 but I swayed the numbers in my favor because I wanted rapid weight loss.

And after 90-days I had my weight loss, but I saw no real results in my body. My strength remained relatively unchanged, reps or didn’t go up or down, stamina was around the same, no definition. Wasn’t able to do anything more than one unassisted pull-up. After everything that was super frustrating. I had a “eat garbage weekend” to celebrate making it 90-days and it sorta just never stopped.

I decided to jump back in the past few weeks and try it again (was also jump started by an unprompted comment from a coworker, “You gettin’ fat”).

I’ve checked the math that the P90X nutrition guide laid out and it seems that I am going to be targeting 3,000 calories this time around. (Regardless if I pick lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight for the equation I always end up at 3,000 calories).

The nutrition guide breakdown looked like this
1) Gender? +1 for Female, +2 for Male.

2) Weight? <130 +1, 131-160 +2, 161-180 +3, 181-200 +4, 201-220 +6, >221 +6

3) Activity level? Slacker -1, Moderate +0, Hardcore +1

4) Modifier. Lose weight +0, Maintain weight +1, Add weight +2

So for me it was 2+6+0+2 (regardless of which number I pick for ‘modifier’ I remain in the 3,000 calorie range)

I posted this in other sections but I haven't gotten many responses so I'm hoping for any insight anywhere at this point.

submitted by /u/Braghine
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TlZzSo

No comments:

Post a Comment