Friday, February 28, 2020

Weight loss stalled?

F/37yo/5ft6/151lbs

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster - with a baffling question!

I have always weighed around 148-150lbs and been reasonably happy about it. I worked out 5 days a week lifting and cardio, and was getting nice and firm! However, life is weird and around Oct last year I stopped working out as much, and nearer Christmas, snacking more and by Dec 31st I weighed 156 and was squishy. I decided that this time I would reel it in properly - goal is 138 or thereabouts.

I have started tracking food through myfitnesspal (I was def eating too much sugar!!!) Measuring portions and hitting 1450 cal a day or slightly less which according to the tracker should be a .5lb loss per week. Since 31 Dec, I got down to 151lbs however the last three weeks I have totally stalled. Nada. Normally during my period, I put on a couple of lbs in waterweight but straight afterwards, that comes off along with an lb or so extra however this time... nada.

Considering how much better my diet has become - I always ate pretty healthily, but snacked constantly on little bits here and there, and I have totally stopped that - I am confused. Surely I should be seeing a slow decrease by now, or is it usual to stall for this long? I have also reduced alcohol to one or two drinks a week, and normally light beer, and my sugar intake has drastically dropped. I am always under my carbs for the day, but also normally under my protein (am vegetarian). I always hit or am slightly over my sugar recommendations (argh!) and fat is usually under or on the mark.
The one thing that hasn't changed, is I am not working out much - maybe once or twice a week. I am finishing a freelance project in the evenings and I just don't have time. This project ends this weekend and I am not taking on any more, in order to get my workouts back up to 4 or 5 times a week. Can working out kick start metabolism again?

I have read about this happening, but was hoping for some other first hand stories for motivation, because all I want to do is go eat curry and a whole pack of jelly beans. Or two.

submitted by /u/PuddMuppy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uHvRPu

No comments:

Post a Comment