Saturday, February 29, 2020

Some abnormal advice

Hi there y'all, I'm sure many of you are aware of the fact that exercise doesn't make up even half of weight loss. But as someone who is struggling but succeeding to lose weight I figured I should share my weird tip in case this also applies to someone else.

My whole life I've never been muscly and I've always been a few kg overweight (iirc that's like being 5-10 pounds overweight). This ballooned as I hit my mid teens into 10, 15kg overweight (20 - 30 pounds). At 17 I got sick of it and while I haven't made all the progress yet I'm the fittest and lighter than I was a couple years ago. And with the context done here's my weird advice.

After months of trying, what got me to stick to weight loss/a healthy body was ignoring how I ate entirely and just focusing on exercising 3-4 times a week will a full body workout. The value in this is the constant reminder of what you want. Once I developed those tentative quads and biceps I was armed with a reminder whenever I was about to buy that cupcake or entire block of chocolate. Gripping those tiny little baby muscles which were actually there and fighting for the first time in my life was what made those healthier eating habits start. It's the message saying "hey idiot, you've gotten started, feel how awesome these things are already and keep at it!" The pictures of my current weight never worked for me in the moment because I don't have them strapped to my arm or anything and I'm a very impulsive eater which is how my weight got on.

I'm not sure if anyone else will find this helpful and I'm pretty sure it looks a little weird to grab your quads or biceps in front of sugary foods but if it makes those healthy eating habits, fuck it.

submitted by /u/parlokata
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VEUffP

No comments:

Post a Comment