Friday, February 28, 2020

My VLCD journey

Hi!

I don't know if this fits perfectly here, but here we go anyways~

I'm 23 year old woman, 291 lb 5′ 7. It's my highest weight so far. I've had weight problems my whole life. I was a chubby kid. For some reason I have always eaten everything I can get my hands on + eaten as fast as I could. I come from a long line of extremely fat women. For some reason, I'm really lucky since despite the excess weight no one in my family has high bp, cholesterol, blood sugar etc so my parents have never been worried of my excess weight.

When I was 12, the first adult (a school nurse) in my life told me that I was fat and needed to loose weight. I was a very sensitive kid, and basically completely lost it. I developed an eating disorder fast, I also lost the excess weight fast. In total I lost about 40lb in a year, so I became underweight. I suffered ED all the way trough my youth up until about 19 when I moved out to study in an university in another city. It really helped me to get better from the ED. I slowly put on the weight again, and it never stopped. Eventually I graduated from uni, weighing about 220 lb. I got a desk job and kept gaining the weight.

Last year I was diagnosed ankylosing spondylitis and fibromyalgia. The main problem is my back, but my knees, ankles etc are affected also. I have no doubts my excess weight is making the problems worse, so I finally tried to seek help.

Since getting better from ED I have tried dieting "the healthy way" several times. Sometimes on my own, sometimes trough an online training, sometimes with a personal trainer. It has never worked out in a long term. I loose like 20 lb, quit and gain it all back with interest.

I met with a couple different nutritionist. The first one didn't seem to understand what type of help I was looking for, so it didn't work out. But this last one really clicked. I was able to talk to her about the possibility of a weight loss surgery. At this point I'm not 100% sure I want to go trough with it, the team of doctors and the nutritionist also agree that I should try other things first, and think the surgery as the last possible step. The nutritionist suggested an 8 week long VLCD, which I thought would be a great thing to try. We agreed that my goal is to loose 20 lb and obtain the 5 meals a day rhythm.

I'm starting the diet a week from now, so 7.3.2020. I need to get the correct rhythm to my meals sorted in the coming week, so the transition won't be so hard. I've already ordered the drinks and meals for 2 first weeks. I'm terrified and excited at the same time. My biggest fear is that I will give up. So that is why I'm writing all of this out here, so I can have a clear plan. I'm hoping to write an update after 2 weeks, maybe if I can get to that point the rest 6 weeks don't seem so impossible. Wish me luck! :)

submitted by /u/mandiko
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PApQeK

No comments:

Post a Comment