Monday, February 24, 2020

Possible to lose weight without running?

I am aware this may be a silly question. However, I've never had a great relationship with my body-I've either obsessed over it and been driven to excessive, unpleasant cardio and restrictive food, or stared at it and been very upset over how I looked but not done anything about it. I finally decided I want to yes, maybe lose some weight but prioritise happiness as I work on my health.

I'm worried because so many people-both here, on instagram, around me etc seem to regularly go for runs as part of their fitness routine. Now, I really really dislike running. Intensely. I love things like soccer, or netball, or sports involving running, but can't bring myself to just trek around a park for 30 minutes. I love weights, at-home workouts or strength training. I'm just wondering-running is not a necessity for weight loss/a healthy lifestyle? I'm looking yes to be a little smaller, but also stronger, more flexible, and my weight is something I don't have to worry about so much.

This may be obvious but I've always struggled with social media and self-judgement so hopefully by asking you guys will finally make me feel better. Thanks!

TLDR; irrational fear I 'have' to run to lose weight. Wondering if this is true, or if there is alternatives e.g strength training, targeted workouts at home/in a gym that work just as well?

submitted by /u/cele5ticle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TcIiLg

No comments:

Post a Comment