Monday, February 24, 2020

Are you more likely to have loose skin after rapid weight GAIN?

23 year-old male, 180cm/5'11". I was a little bit on the overweight side already (87kg/192lbs), but in early 2018, I gained about 28kg/61lbs in less than 6 months, bringing me up to 115kg/254lbs. I'd estimate I gained it in about 4 months. I have (now faded) stretchmarks from it. I gained a further 6kg/13lbs more gradually between late 2018 and mid 2019.

On the 1st of July 2019, I started my weight loss journey, which has involved fundamentally changing my relationship with food and consuming practically none of the things that made me fat. Today, I'm about 92kg/203lbs, with my current preliminary goal being to get under 80kg/176lbs.

So I'm young, I'd been losing the weight at the rate of 1kg/2lbs per week (though it's slowed down this year), I didn't carry all that extra weight for long, but I did gain it fast originally and receive stretchmarks from the rapid weight gain. I've also noticed that my skin is definitely looser now than the last time I was this weight.

Do my chances of not having much residual loose skin look good? Or is gaining the weight rapidly just as bad as losing it rapidly as it relates to loose skin?

submitted by /u/WizardMagicSorcery
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TbrXXd

No comments:

Post a Comment