Saturday, February 22, 2020

Feasible to lose ~40-45 lbs over a span of 5 months?

I'm a 20 year old girl (4'11 and around 145lbs). I have a vacation coming up in July and overall I need to make lasting healthy changes to my life in general, so I'm using my vacation as a timeline, though I want to keep my routine standard after that to maintain the loss.

I am a student, which means I do spend much of the day sitting and in the summer I work an office job so my lifestyle is pretty much sedentary. I try to go to the gym regularly (like only cardio on the elliptical or bike 2-3x per week, and some at home exercises like sit-ups and lunges lol), but I fall off the wagon pretty quick about a month in. I understand that most weight loss is CICO, but I kind of want something a bit more structured yet not a fully complex food diet.

I need some help to cut down to around 100-105 lbs in a span of 5 months, but if this is overly unrealistic, I am not opposed to losing till I'm 120 lbs. I don't really want a complex diet (I prob am unable to follow a fad kind of diet lol), and I will honestly be okay with eating the same thing everyday if it means I can achieve this goal. Will be throwing in some light exercise as well, but on the gym portion I need some type of discipline tips that can help me stay on track.

So, r/loseit, can you help or offer any advice?

EDIT: Also calculated by TDEE, it says around 1600 calories is my maintenance so how many would it be to cut down to achieve my goal of losing 40 lbs? Or even 20lbs, if that is more realistic?

submitted by /u/unemotionals
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/392Qgx6

No comments:

Post a Comment