Saturday, April 25, 2020

1st day of 21 to loose as much as I can before returning to work!

So today I got the phone call from work that I won't be returning to work on May 1st - the anticipated time from our Governor's Stay home, stay safe order. The time has been extended to May 16th (our State has extended the Stay home, stay safe order until May 15th). I've done fairly well with my weight loss but haven't been really strict. So today I'm really getting on the program! This morning my weight was 170.8 pounds. My daily goals are 1200 calories, water is 3 liters and at least 30 to 60 minute walk. I want to get as close as I can to 150 pounds before I return to work! I'll log everything in Myfitnesspal.com.

Since I've been home from work (my last day of work was March 17th) I've been working on trying to eat salads, fruit, yogurt and lean homemade meals, mostly vegetarian and no processed or fried foods. Up until now I've snuck in a few cookies (homemade) and a little bit of candy/chocolate, and there was the ice-cream (I don't have anymore in the house!). I did give up Diet Coke and now just drink water. The pantry and freezers have been cleaned out (I have an upright freezer and the freezer in the frig) and I've been working at stocking them with homemade single serve meals, fruit and vegetables, lean meats and healthy baked goods - all stored in single serve packaging. My plan is to have enough meals made up so it's a healthy grab and go meal daily, just add a salad and piece of fruit. I'm even putting in homemade breakfast foods. Trying to make a really good variety of meals. I want enough meals for 3 months so I can continue to go down to 140ish pounds!

So the plan is to do intermittent fasting. I'll eat between 4pm to 7pm every day. I'll drink water and unsweetened tea. I'll stick to just my homemade meals - mostly salad and fruits. Although on Friday's I'll order perch, baked potato, cole slaw, dinner roll and a piece of cake (it's an entire meal you can order) - it's from one of our local groups and they deliver. The roll and dessert will be put in the freezer for now. I'll continue to cook/bake and stock the freezers and pantry.

The plan extends into the time I return to work - until I meet my goal! I like to distance walk in the summer so that will continue with that. Last year I didn't make a trip to the local Dairy Queen and I won't be going this year! I work in a restaurant/bar and I won't be eating anything from there and no goodies from the gift shop at work either. No Diet Coke when I go back to work.

I know this is very attainable! The highest my weight was 285 a few years ago and I went down to 140 pounds. I then had some health issues and my weight went up to 220ish pounds. It's time to get it together again! This is a perfect time, since I'm home, to work on me! In January I had a health issue and it really made me want to focus on me!

So I want to emerge from this Covid-19 stay home, stay safe time healthier than when it began. When there is so much stuff going on in the world it feels really good to have something I can control in my life! Is anyone else doing this? Please let me know what you are doing to achieve your goals. I will check back in to let you know how I'm doing.

submitted by /u/vcwalden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aEwGqY

No comments:

Post a Comment