Tuesday, April 28, 2020

My little journey

(Disclaimer: I am Italian, English isn’t my first language) Last year I was 65kg heavy and 170cm tall (143lbs and 5,7ft), and now I am 57kg (125lbs)(I am a girl). I lost the first 5kg (11lbs) during summer 2019, by switching my diet to a vegan one and actually going trough an intense calorie deficit (I was eating less than 750 calories a day, extremely unhealthy). My diet was composed mostly by fruit and legumes, and I used my veganism as an excuse to eat less and less. My parents made me stop, so I stalled at 60kg (152lbs) for 5 months, not really having a balanced diet ( beans and slices of bread were my lunch, followed by eating massive quantities of fruit in the afternoon). My skin was terrible and I couldn’t gain weight or strength by going to the gym (I am a lifter, before summer I actually had some great progress). On January 2020, I decided to see an expert, that gave me a whole new diet. I am literally at my best right now. I lost a lot of fat and gained muscle mass, by increasing my protein intake and kinda cut completely simple carbs and complex carbs like whole grain pasta, bread (I maintained some legumes in my diet (150g only at lunch), because of their nutritional richness and because I need some energy for my work outs). I eat a lot of vegetables, and I allow myself to have fruit just once a day in the morning. I abandoned veganism but now I am vegetarian. About that, I am environmental-friendly vegetarian. That means I do it for the environment, not for the animals. I only eat meat produced in extensive farmings, whose impact on the earth is way lower than intensive farming’s one. All this is to say, even though many people will disagree on this, cutting sugar in its many forms and increasing protein intake is what made me healthier. My skin is extremely clear now, I don’t have massive cravings right after lunch, my clinical analysis are perfect. I am in the best shape of my young life (I am 17), and I look forward to maintain it. I know it’s a little weight loss, but it has changed my life, I am so much more confident and I eat more than two times what I ate in the summer. I love taking care of myself, and I am not embarrassed about my appearance anymore when hanging out with friends. I am honestly never been unattractive, but now I am at my best, and I like myself. Good luck everyone!

submitted by /u/susyayy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2y9aubn

No comments:

Post a Comment