Tuesday, April 28, 2020

How I fixed my scale anxiety without giving up my daily weigh-ins - it only cost me $30

I posted here a few weeks ago about how water weight was messing me up and how I used to dread standing on the scale some days when I knew my weight would be up.

The fact is, I love to cook and I love to eat. Both of these things kind of got me fat in the first place. Now, with OMAD, I'm finding a way to cook and eat almost anything I want while staying within my calorie goals and consistently losing weight. Unfortunately, my nightly OMAD is often decadent and salty, which leads to morning bloating. Still, I wanted to weigh myself daily so I could get a good idea of how my weight fluctuates and trends. I found in past weight loss efforts that weekly weigh-ins were unsatisfying, and sometimes if I "picked the wrong day" to weigh I would be left feeling awful for the next week. A few weeks ago however, my scale anxiety peaked, nearly to the point of derailing my weight loss efforts. I needed to find a way out without giving up weighing myself altogether, I wanted to have my cake and eat it too.

So, I found a smart scale on Amazon for $30 that doesn't need to be connected to your phone. This is the exact one I bought, but there are several other with the same feature in a similar price range...I encourage you to shop around. It stores up to 20 weigh-ins for you without you having to connect it to the phone app that stores your metrics. I stuck a piece of opaque tape on the digital display, and I spent an entire week weighing myself on it without looking. On the 8th day, I weighed myself with the phone app open, and it showed me my weight that day (2lbs down!), as well as a graph of my weight over the last week that I was able to look at impartially, with no anxiety or emotional attachment. Some days I was down, some days I was up. It was okay, because I was predictably down 2lbs that week.

Now, I weigh myself everyday, but, I am able to choose when I look at the weight and when I don't. Sometimes, I go several days in a row without looking, but I always know it's there. It's like having an assistant record my weight for me! I thought I would share, this has been a huge help for me in my battle with scale anxiety.

submitted by /u/fuckthemodlice
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35aM0L9

No comments:

Post a Comment