Thursday, April 30, 2020

Losing weight as a teenager

Hey! I don't know whether I'll just talk about my experience or ask for advice, maybe both.

So, I'm almost 15 (4 days!) And I've been into dieting since I was 13(?) Around that time. Unfortunately I haven't lost that much, but I got no one else to blame but me. My lack of motivation is mostly due to the fact that I'm not overweight to the point where it'll affect the type of clothes I wear, or how people view me, I guess? It's more of a insecure teen driven-diet that has turned into a goal that doesn't need to be rushed but I wish to achieve, along with my regular trips to the gym that I thoroughly enjoy, a lot more than the eating healthy part ahahah.

My problem is, the advices I find online are always targeted to financially independent adults. For example, the eating options. On a motivated period, I eat lettuce with tuna. Or peas with tuna. Like 3 meals a week. Because of course I can't force my mom to spend much extra money on food that will be just for me, nor spend much time cooking whole different meals, you know? Plus, the exercise. Every site tells me that I shouldn't do just cardio, that that won't maintain my weight loss and I should focus on weight lifting. But I don't even know what I can do with my weak little arms and my age. And, of course this is my fault but, I am not the most extroverted person, so imagining a scenario in my head where I need to ask one of the personal trainers to help me in the weightlifting area, surrounded with nothing but muscular, obviously competent, men, sounds uncomfortable to me :/. I don't know what's the purpose of this post, honestly. It's just that my weight isn't something I like to discuss with other people, since I don't want to show them I'm insecure about it. It's nice to vent, and would like to know if someone has advices, whether it's on how to stay motivated, simple healthy meals I can make myself, how to get started on weightlifting, etc. I'd appreciate them all :)

Disclaimer: these kinds of disclaimers are a bit cringey (or is the cringe culture itself cringe? It's late.) But I just want to warn that English isn't my first language so I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors.

submitted by /u/matildeconsolado
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aNZ0Hx

No comments:

Post a Comment