Friday, April 24, 2020

I've started a weight loss journey and thought I'd give some tips that have been helping me through it

So currently I'm still obese but since in about one month I've lost 17lbs, I'm not even half way through my journey but I feel like I'm actually in it. So here's some tips that have really helped me and will hopefully help you:

  • it's just as hard to be overweight/obese/unhappy with your weight as it is to lose weight: choose your hard

-if you base your self worth or self esteem on your weight, you will likely not succeed and won't be happy overweight/healthy weight/obese/underweight. No matter your weight, you are a human being worthy to be here, worthy of being happy and good enough. Yes, sorting your weight out WILL solve some problems and may raise your confidence too but it doesn't define your worth. You are more than worthy as you are and basing your worth on your weight will make this journey too difficult. I really struggle with self esteem and I've been doing better since I've started telling myself "me losing weight is me doing a kindness to myself, my weight won't define my worth because I'm already worthy"

  • there is no quick fix, it is simply calories in/calories out. Some tricks will help you but you will only lose weight if you keep below to your deficit and exercise

  • you WILL slip up. You will fall into old habits, you will have easy days and hard days. That's okay! This is a journey, you will learn something from every slip up! I always try to remind myself that a slip up is never a failure, it just slows my overall journey down

  • if you don't know where to start, start by honestly tracking your calorie intake. Really look at how much you're consuming and you'll start naturally finding way to cut it down. Everything will make a difference!

  • I have personally found protein to be more filling than any carbs. God I love carbs but I always feel more full after consuming a protein shake or some chicken

  • I was shocked by how many calories you can burn just walking, it's better to do as much as you can at once however you still making progress if you break it down into 2 or 3 smaller walks in the day

  • avoid telling people your plan to lose weight, show them your progress. People will make comments btw, youre having a cheeky snack but it's within your calories? "I thought you were trying to lose weight?!", eat a large but healthy dinner "someone's hungry!". They will hurt, people feel the need to comment and you've gotta learn to let it go.

  • there's a Japanese tradition of people only eating 80% of their plate. Itve started this too, it helps avoid over eating and you really have a look at if you really are hungry or not

  • slow and steady is WAY better than going down extreme routes. Yes, it's not fair. I want to be thin NOW but realistically any extreme diet just isn't viable, you will suffer and likely give up sooner. Keep reminding yourself it's slow progress but progress is better than perfection

-you will likely have to keep adjusting your plan and that's okay, how you start might not be viable for you and that's okay! Weight loss requires honesty, lots self reflection and some tough love. I've had to adjust my plan multiple times

Hope this helps, good luck to you all!

submitted by /u/CuteBirthday
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eOuYa8

No comments:

Post a Comment