Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Thoughts on getting stuck?

Hi! I'm new to this thread and would love to get some insight on my situation. I am a 20 y/o, 5'3 female. I've changed my eating/lifestyle habits in the past and have achieved weight loss, but always seem to bounce back (meaning I didn't really internalize these changes, or they simply weren't for me).

In the summer of 2018, I lost around ~20 lbs (went from ~150 lbs to 129 lbs) in around 2 months. I was eating around ~1100 cal a day and going HIIT workouts (think Orange Theory) 6 days of the week. I was having 1 cheat meal a week (usually 3 slices of pizza) and the rest of my food was homecooked and pretty healthy.

I started college that fall and gained around 10 lbs in my fall semester. I stopped working out as much and although I kept on eating healthy, I think the dining hall food just wasn't the same for my body. I also started stress eating (late-night snacks during exams) and I started drinking more on the weekends. By the end of my freshmen year, I was back to my original weight.

I've stayed at 150 lbs for almost a year. I consider myself a healthy eater (very rarely eat fast food/sodas/candy), I love veggies, I try to use healthy alternatives as often as I can (stevia instead of white sugar, low-fat cottage cheese instead of regular, Ezekiel bread instead of white bread, almond milk instead of cow milk), and I'm always conscious of my portions.

I've been tracking my calories sporadically for the last month and without any restrictions, I usually eat around ~1450 calories a day. It's important to say I don't exercise, basically at all, anymore. I try to go for walks and do light yoga (think 2, 3 times a week) but haven't done HIIT in a long time.

I'm just wondering: what do you think I could be doing wrong and the reason why I've remained at this weight (which is high for my height)? Is 1450 calories too much for me? Is it the exercise that's lacking?

Would love to get your thoughts!

submitted by /u/ismssuk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KHotb1

No comments:

Post a Comment