Saturday, April 25, 2020

Struggling to continue weight loss after surgery and quarantine (with a small sv at the end)

I lost weight for surgery in feb (had it on the 7th) and while I didnt lose quite as much as I wanted, I still wanted to go ahead with it. I went from 215lbs to 168 (5'4 M). I had to stop being as active for recovery and now with quarantine I'm finding it hard to get back into the excercise and good diet habits. Especially now that my depression is flaring up do to not being able to go see friends. The snacking has gotten out of control and I put on 11 pounds :/

But, the good thing is: I'm planning my halloween costume and want to be down to 130-40 to really pull it off. And its helping me get back my motivation. Its maybe a little vain, but a fun goal to work towards. And with my renewed motivation I'm down to 177! It's not a big difference, but its progress.

I've cut out the excessive chai latte drinking and switched to decaf black tea with a little bit of honey. Also committing to ordering less pizza and get back to my healthy food choices. (Though I still need to shrink my portions.) Also making myself work out a bit. Still need to push the workouts more but depression is a bit. And I know working out will help with it, but some days its hard enough getting out of bed.

How do you guys keep your motivation? And how do you commit to smaller portion sizes?

submitted by /u/lurkingelsewhere
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2W2j0AS

No comments:

Post a Comment