Monday, April 27, 2020

Interesting how the body adapts to healthier eating

20F, 5’4”, SW:220lbs CW:156lbs GW: 125lbs

I’m about ten months into weight loss now. I still occasionally have days/weeks where I eat a lot of junk food, but overall my eating habits have gotten a lot healthier over the last year— and my workouts have been giving me a comfortable amount of caloric “wiggle-room”, which is nice. I feel great!

Last week I took a break from my usual workout/eating habits to focus on a really big project I had due. Basically worked for four days straight only stopping to eat and go to the bathroom. I finally turn in the project in and get back to my normal healthier habits; and for several days after (here comes a TMI), I was super bloated and constipated. My lower intestine HURT. Eventually my body finished processing all the junk food and got used to working out again and now I feel better haha.

It was a kind of notable reminder of how far my body has come. I used to eat junk like that every day, but now that my body is used to better quality food and exercise, going back to my old habits made me feel like ass. TBH I firmly believe it’s worth it to let loose and eat some junk food every once and a while, not just cause it tastes good but also because it can be a needed reminder of why we choose not to do it every day. These are the reminders that keep us on track in the long term.

submitted by /u/lemonbalmm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eZDfYD

No comments:

Post a Comment