Saturday, April 25, 2020

I (17F) need help losing weight—been trying for a few years now

I’m 17, about 5’9”, and currently weigh about 189.8 pounds with a goal weight of 140. I’ve been struggling to lose weight for a few years now (admittedly this IS my fault due to a lack of motivation, which is something I’m trying to work on now). I’ve looked at this sub quite a bit in the past so I think I know the basics:CICO, measure your food instead of eyeballing, don’t drink your calories, etc. I did well with that for a while but kind of.. fell off.. again, this is my fault so I’m definitely working on this.

There are so many myths surrounding weight loss online which I think is the main reason why I struggle so much. My parents started doing a Keto diet and encouraged me to do it too, but I stopped doing it because I absolutely hated it. I’m already a pretty picky eater (I know that people hate to hear this, but I promise I’m genuinely picky and this isn’t just an excuse for not eating vegetables. I still have a number of fruits and vegetables and other healthy foods I like to eat, I’m just picky so I don’t eat salads and eat my hamburgers with only ketchup and all that Jazz). Is a diet like this truly necessary for weight loss or will I be ok only reducing my calorie intake/eating fruits and vegetables more often?

I also recently got a stationary bike for my room that I’m going to use regularly, so that’ll be my main form of exercise.

More info: I’ve been gaining weight very steadily the past few years—pretty much 10 pounds every year since I was about 13. I thought it might be hypothyroidism since it runs in my family, but I got tested and my thyroid levels were fine (although my vitamin d levels were low, but I don’t know if that could possibly partially explain my weight gain). I’m just so tired of being insecure about my body. It’s gotten to the point where I hate going out in public because I’m worried everyone sees how disgusting my body looks. I really want to stick to a plan and lose all this weight. I already use the myfitnesspal and lose it apps, along with a fitbit I recently got.

Last question: how long would it take for me to see some kind of results? I think seeing real results would really help me stay motivated.

submitted by /u/uhmthinking
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/357BxQl

No comments:

Post a Comment