Saturday, April 25, 2020

Finally have the support of my family

F19 5'2 SW: 134lbs CW: 123lbs GW:110lbs

Growing up, I was always the butt of the fat jokes in my family. It made me become insecure about my appearance and made me uncomfortable in my own skin. I decided around 2 months ago to start losing weight seriously.

Around dinner time yesterday, I finally had the guts and confidence to tell my family of my goal weight and deadline (3 months from now). It stung a bit that they actually burst out laughing, saying I'll never reach that weight since I haven't weighed that much in more than 5 years. Maybe it's the newfound determination I gained from losing weight, but instead of those comments hurting me, it fueled me even more.

I insisted over their laughter and jokes that I will lose that weight. I will reach that weight and I won't give up until I'm there. Eventually, they realized I was being serious and stopped the jokes. It made me open up as well about my frustrations towards my weight loss plateau. Surprisingly, my dad suggested that I try the "banana-only" diet for a few days just to help me get off the weight loss plateau. He tried it years ago but couldn't last a week before he got really hungry.

He also confronted me about my goal weight just a few hours ago, asking why I wanted to reach 50kg/110lbs when I was already within my ideal weight range, he tried to persuade me to maintain how I am right now but I insisted I have to reach 50kg since my legs were always my biggest insecurity and I can't lose weight in one specific area, so I have to lose overall weight. He actually grew concerned and asked whether or not that's too much and I might become underweight. I told him I checked my BMI before setting a goal weight to make sure I was safe and still healthy.

I remembered back then, when I cried to myself because of how ugly and fat I am, he was the one to comfort me and tell me to fuck society's standards about being stick thin. I didn't have to mold myself into something society wants me to become, instead, I should mold myself into someone I want to become.

It honestly surprised me how my dad, my biggest bully when it comes to my weight, was actually the most concerned about me. He always jokes about how heavy I am and now that he realizes I'm serious about my weight loss, actually confesses that I'm already okay the way I am.

A huge weight was just lifted off my shoulder when he said that a while ago. I always knew he didn't take those fat jokes seriously, but it's better to hear him directly say it. Now I know my family, especially my dad, will fully support me in my weight loss journey. And it's honestly a huge motivation for me to get off my weight loss plateau even more.

submitted by /u/IntrovertTrashx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VDwuo0

No comments:

Post a Comment